Thursday, December 4, 2008

Don't laugh at me K?

I think you'll find this funny too....Last night, for the first time i succumbed to a pregnancy craving! I have not had an appetite since I got pregnant, making me loose weight and have dizzy spells. So at 9:00 last night, I started to crave pineapple (ooh), and peanut butter (yum, I thought), maybe a little bit of chocolate (pineapple and chocolate are best friends practically). I would need a staple to put it on. That's when I came up with French Toast! So I rushed over to the grocery store to purchase an out of season, over priced, pineapple and then came back home to start my master piece. I sliced up my fresh pineapple and whipped up a quick chocolate ganache that I learned how to make working at an Italian restaurant. The French toast only took a moment to make. I layered all of my ingredients making it look like a culinary idol. It was everything I hoped it would be and more.

At about 4 am this morning, the oil from the peanut butter and the acid from the pineapple got into some sort of a disagreement and they began to rage a war in my tummy. After a good deal of "up-chucking" as my dad calls it, I felt much better. I saw no signs of chocolate...chocolate must be like France or Canada to my body...always neutral. The worst part about it all is that it still sounds great to me! If I hadn't gotten sick this morning, I would probably still be feasting on my pineapple peanut butter french toast with chocolate syrup! Ah, the joys of pregnancy!



A real pal tries the food that you make... as you can see, my husband is a somewhat hesitant, but loyal friend!

4 comments:

Katie said...

Looking at that picture don't you just wanna yell "Don't do it, Justin!"

Jessica said...

ha,pregnancy cravings...the only one i ever had was for coffee! go figure...maybe i converted to the wrong church?! no never! it was horrible!!!!! so feel lucky you could actually have the food you craved :) actually sounds kind of good, minus the french toast :)
kudos on the goldfish..its about the only pet i can handle!

ScennyLloyd said...

That is all kinds of sick!!!! I think I threw up in my mouth while reading this...Just say no Justin (Friends don't let friends husbands eat pregnancy food) Poor guy he was probably just too hungery to say no... I mean he is skinny, feed him real food!

Lund Family said...

How did it turn out? You are so cute. I am a little jealous that you have lost weight in your pregnancy. I have gained and gained and gained.... Oh well. How are you feeling?