Wednesday, February 18, 2009

It's a party in your mouth...seriously!


For those who have known me a while, you know why I get especially excited this time of year. As soon as Valentines day is cleared off the shelves of supermarkets around the US, they make way for the real Holiday that's approaching...Easter. With Easter, no one commercializes the giving of gifts. Oh, no, Easter is all about the Candy (yeah baby)! The greatest of all Easter candies being... Brach's Chicks and Rabbits. They are the upper class representation of Circus Peanuts. I guess the best way to describe them... sponge-like cotton candy. Although they come in three colors, the flavors are the same. However, I do for some reason prefer the blue ones, for me the texture is the best out of the three colors. My BFF Jenny prefers the yellows. My Hubbie eats them all equally.


Seriously Brachs should cut me a check for all the chicks and rabbits converts I have gained throughout the years. This picture is from when I was at BYU-I. I am at Harmony House #104 with my roomie Liz Lee (now Dixion). We binged on a bag of Chicks and Rabbits after she either 1. just finished a 4 plus hour phone conversation, 2. talked a friend out of committing suicide at some cabin somewhere in Utah or 3. just threw a her shoe at the window causing it to shatter. Liz is one of my dearest friends. Ricks Roomies are the best!

6 comments:

Katie said...

Wow that's so weird- I clicked on that picture so I could see it larger and I can totally see Cynthia and Victoria at the same time when I look at you!

ScennyLloyd said...

The yellow ones are suppurb. They are way softer then the blue ones...and I won't even go into the orange ones(if you will remember we fed those to Gene cause he eats anything...even crayons)! So not only are they softer but I also detect a slight banana flavor. Do you taste a hint of blueberry??? I think not! And the winner.....YELLOW!!!

Shelby said...

Oh you sweet pastel colors of spring...mmmmmm
I am a little partial to the hard candy shell of the mini cadbury eggs myself. But those chicks can hold their own!

Wendy said...

i will most definitely have to try those. they sound delish.

Lund Family said...

Yay!! Chicks and Bunnies!! I love you Christy, you are so predictable when it comes to Chick and Bunnies. Cute pic of you and Liz!! Miss you guys

Cam and Chelle said...

What a nut! Miss you! Your little family is super cute!