Saturday, April 4, 2009

Introducing....


Miss Tessa Isabel Alfrey!

E. T. Sullivan once wrote these beautiful words:

“When God wants a great work done in the world or a great wrong righted, he goes about it in a very unusual way. He doesn’t stir up his earthquakes or send forth his thunderbolts. Instead, he has a helpless baby born, perhaps in a simple home and of some obscure mother. And then God puts the idea into the mother’s heart, and she puts it into the baby’s mind. And then God waits. The greatest forces in the world are not the earthquakes and the thunderbolts. The greatest forces in the world are babies.”

These words discribe how I feel about my little Tessabel. She's absolutely perfect! We had a girl's night on her birthday and became good buddies. She and I already have a great deal in common. She's a binge eater that loves to sleep... need I say more? One of my favorite things about her is that she is such a lady! Everytime we get her to burp, it's so quiet and petite that I often ask Justin: "Does that even count?"

PS: Congrats to Jessica for her whitty guess! Tessa was born April 2nd, year of our Lord 2009 (that's how Justin announces the date sometimes:)

9 comments:

ScennyLloyd said...

She is so stinkin cute!!! Owen can't take his eyes off her! (Either that or he likes the bright lights from the computer:)) We can't wait to meet the little dutchess in a couple days!

Jessica said...

oh my gosh! she really is beautiful! congratulations. let me know if you need anything. i'm glad you guys are bonding so well!

Grandma Jacobs said...

What a sweetheart - wish I was there now to hold and cuddle her. I bet Caiden is pretty proud of his sister. Love to all
Grandma Jacobs

Katie said...

can't wait to see her in person- as soon as I get rid of this cold and throat thing I'm comin' over!

Brenda said...

What a great blessing and joy to have grandchildren! Caiden is now the big brother of our beautiful Tessabel (I like the nickname already). She is such a joy to hold and gaze at. I can't wait to take her shopping! Caiden and the Alfrey's hung out while mom was in the hospital having Tessa. We had the best time. I love his laugh and smile and how our house can be destroyed in a matter of minutes by a two year old :-). It makes me feel so happy and joyful! My favorite moments were when he would wake up in the middle of the night and just want to hug until he fell back asleep. I love being a grandma!

Brenda

Unknown said...

Hola, felices de conocer a tu retoño y de que halla otra Isabel.

Muchos cariños y bendiciones.

Shelby said...

So so beautiful. Even if she couldn't wait until my birthday. I love her hair and cute little nose!

Wendy said...

she is beautiful! congratulations. i am sad that i didn't win a candy bar but happy you didn't have to be pregnant those extra few days.

Melissa said...

Oh my goodness, Christy! Tessa is Beautiful!!! Congrats! And you looked gorgeous all the way through your pregnancy too! I'm so jealous! Post more pictures of that beautiful baby girl so we can all share in your joy!